I already attend Acts... why membership?It's all about ownership. You are committing to a local body of believers and declaring that you are being led by God to be an integral part of this church.
- Affirming God's will: God places members in the local church for His purpose -- we are just acknowledging it.
4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
1 Corinthians 12:18-20
18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
Being a member acknowledges that it is God who brought us to be a part of this church.
- Taking an important role in determining the direction of the ministry. Members of the church will have a direct say so on various decisions we make as a church. It wouldn't make sense to have someone who takes no ownership of the ministry dictate or influence those decisions.
- Leadership Reasons: leaders of the church will come from the members - since they are the ones taking ownership of the ministry.
- Accountability Reasons. We are placing higher standards and accountability for members in fulfilling the Great Commandment, Great Community, and the Great Commission.
- Members directly represent Acts Fellowship Church.
More Biblical reasons for membership:
- It identifies you as a genuine believer (Eph 2:19; Rom. 12:5)
- It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25).
- It gives you a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (1 Cor. 12:4 - 27)
- It places you under the spiritual protection of godly leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28 - 29)
- It gives you the accountability you need to grow (Eph. 5:21) by holding you to the requirements of membership.
What is the process for membership?The process for membership at Acts Fellowship Church is fairly simple:
- Make sure you meet all the qualifications for membership
- Take the Membership Class
- Apply for membership and sign the Membership Covenant
- Your application will be evaluated
- You will be accepted or declined
What are the membership qualifications?
- Have been born-again (Accepted Jesus as both personal Lord and Savior)
- Have been baptized (as a believer)
- Attended Acts Fellowship faithfully for at least 3 months
- Displays a godly lifestyle and character (regenerate heart)
- Must support the God-given ministry of the Pastor
- Be willing to commit to tithe to the church
What are the membership responsibilities?All members are to make progress in...
- Representing God well by intentionally living out the Christian life
- Supporting and praying for the church faithfully
- Supporting and praying for the pastor(s), pastor(s)'s families, and pastor(s)'s teaching ministry regularly
- Seeking to tithe (the first 10% of your income) to the church
- Seeking to utilize your spiritual gifts to serve God through Acts Fellowship Church
- Being involved in missions in giving.
- Be involved in missions by going on a mission trip at least once every 10 years.
- Faithfully attending worship on time
- Proactively sharing the gospel and inviting others to come to church
- Striving to participate in forming a loving community (i.e. No gossiping or participating in gossip in any way)
- Take membership refresher course once every 7 years.
- Seeking to resolve conflicts with others in the church quickly and aid others in doing the same (be peacemakers)
- Submiting to and accepting disciplinary actions from the church
- Not having dual/simultaneous church memberships.
Once membership is withdrawn or revoked, a member has to wait at least 3 months and will be required to take the membership class (refresher course) all over again.